Re: Project scud (for Andreas Schuldei and Branden Robinson)

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 06:33:21PM +0100, David Schmitt wrote:
> On Monday 07 March 2005 18:09, Lucas Wall wrote:
> >   > DPL remains formally responsible for all decisions.
> >
> > Does this mean he has the final word on all of them?
> >
> >   > Important and/or controversial decisions are made in discussion with
> >   > the whole team.
> >
> > Will the whole team vote? or act just as counselors? What happens if the
> > DPL does not agree with the rest (or the majority) of the team?
> >
> > If I vote for Andreas or Branden will their POV (for important and/or
> > controversial decisions) prevail? or should I consider the POVs of the
> > whole team?
>
> Promted by these questions but supported by many other things I've read on
> debian-* lists, I come to believe that many of Debians problems stem from the
> inability to grasp concepts like "team", "working together" and "discharging
> responsibility". Then again, maybe that's only me?

That's pretty much accurate. A corollary is that many people want to
use this to further their political agenda (usually based around some
notion of how other people should be forced to think), rather than
actually do anything about the problems. Most meta-arguments on this
subject revolve around such lunacy than any real problems (making them
quite irrelevant).

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |