Re: Project scud (for Andreas Schuldei and Branden Robinson)

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 02:09:59PM -0300, Lucas Wall wrote:
> On 03/07/2005 01:01 PM, David Schmitt wrote:
> >On Monday 07 March 2005 16:13, Lucas Wall wrote:
> >
> >>The announcement mentions that both candidates are not clone candidates,
> >>they each reply to questions with their own point of view. What about
> >>other members of the project? How much do they influence in the
> >>decisions the DPL will make? Is their point of view also expressed in
> >>the answers you (Andreas and Branden) post to this list? Should they
> >>start answering questions themselves?
> >

> >Have you read the announcement[1] and the referenced paragraphs in
> >Andreas' platform[2] about the workings of the team?
> >
> >What do you miss from there specifically?
>
> I read the announcement and Andreas' platform. Maybe I just missed, or
> fail to understand, how the decisions are made. Sorry, I'm not a native
> english speaker.
>
>  > DPL remains formally responsible for all decisions.
>
> Does this mean he has the final word on all of them?

With "responsibility" comes the "authority". Or at least so it
should. (c:

The goal is not not to have to vote (with the DPL overruling the
team) but to find consensus. This consensus will be thought both
within the Debian Project and the team.

> If I vote for Andreas or Branden will their POV (for important and/or
> controversial decisions) prevail?

After extensive inspection of a given problem its solution (or at
least the next step towards it) is often not so controversial any
more. Being many people inspecting a problem will both speed up
the process and enable us to spot details a single individual
might have missed.

The personal touch of the DPL will be there in any case.

/Andreas