Re: Proposal - Deferment of Changes from GR 2004-003

Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au>:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 08:41:35PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > The Debian Project,
> >
> > affirming its committment to principles of freeness for all works it
> > distributes,
> >
> > but recognizing that changing the Social Contract today would have
> > grave
> > consequences for the upcoming stable release, a fact which does not
> > serve our goals or the interests of our users,
> >
> > hereby resolves:
> >
> > 1. that the amendments to the Social Contract contained within the
> >    General Resolution "Editorial Amendments To The Social Contract"
> >    (2004 vote 003) be immediately rescinded;
> > 2. that these amendments, which have already been ratified by the
> > Debian
> >    Project, will be reinstated effective as of September 1, 2004
> >    without
> >    further cause for deliberation.
>
> i propose an amendment that deletes everything but clause 1 of this
> proposal,
> so that the entire proposal now reads:
>
>    that the amendments to the Social Contract contained within the
>    General Resolution "Editorial Amendments To The Social Contract"
>    (2004 vote 003) be immediately rescinded.

I second this proposal.

While I'm convinced that it wasn't meant as such (contrary to some
remarks I've previously made on IRC), the title of the 003 GR was
deceptive, and may have been at the cause of the current outcome. It's
only fair to do it again, even if I agree with most of the changes in
the GR.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks