GR: Alternative editorial changes to the SC

Hi,

I herby propose the following editorial changes to the SC, as
alternative to Andrews proposal:

| 1. Debian Will Remain 100% Free Software
|
| We promise to keep the Debian system and all its components entirely
| free software. We provide the guidelines that we use to determine if
| a work is "free" in the document entitled "The Debian Free Software
| Guidelines" below. We will support our users who develop and run
| non-free software on Debian, but we will never make the system depend
| on an item of non-free software.
|
| 2. We Will Give Back To The Free Software Community
|
| When we create new components of the Debian system, we will license
| them as free software. We will make the best system we can, so that
| free works will be widely distributed and used.  We will communicate
| bug fixes, improvements, user requests, etc. to the "upstream" authors
| of works included in our system.
|
| 3. We will not hide problems
|
| We will keep our entire bug report database open for public view at
| all times. Reports that people file online will immediately become
| visible to others.
|
| 4. Our priorities are our users and free software
|
| We will be guided by the needs of our users and the free software
| community. We will place their interests first in our priorities. We
| will support the needs of our users for operation in many different
| kinds of computing environments. We will not object to non-free works
| that are intended to be used on Debian systems, or attempt to charge a
| fee to people who create or use such works. We will allow others to
| create distributions containing both the Debian system and other
| works, without any fee from us. In furtherance of these goals, we will
| provide an integrated system of high-quality materials with no legal
| restrictions that would prevent such uses of the system.
|
| 5. Works that do not meet our free software standards
|
| We acknowledge that some of our users require the use of works that do
| not conform to the Debian Free Software Guidelines. We have created
| "contrib" and "non-free" areas in our archive for these works. The
| packages in these areas are not part of the Debian system, although
| they have been configured for use with Debian. We encourage CD
| manufacturers to read the licenses of the packages in these areas and
| determine if they can distribute the packages on their CDs. Thus,
| although non-free works are not a part of Debian, we support their use
| and provide infrastructure (such as our bug tracking system and
| mailing lists) for non-free packages.

Changes to Andrews proposal:
1.: More or less the current SC, with the second sentence replaced
with the first sentence of Andrews proposal and added the word "below"
to it.
2.: More or less the current SC; only replaced the word "write" with
"create".
3.: keep the word "immediately" instead of "promptly" (as this is, at
least in my opinion, easier to understand for non-native speakers).
4.: Same as Andrews proposal
5.: Same as Andrews proposal, except that in the last sentence the
words "for non-free packages" have been moved to the end to prevent
the mis-interpretation that the BTS is not free.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/