Re: resounding nothingness

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 11:00:59AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> See Jochen's message.  I echo his sentiments.
>
> Right now, I am *completely* confused.  I don't remember what issues are
> out there, who proposed them, what the current versions are, what their
> status is, etc.  There were several things I'd support and second, but I
> don't even know whether they are being considered anymore.

As I understand it, Branden's proposal was resubmitted by Andrew Suffield
in December, in this form:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2003/debian-vote-200312/msg00044.html

Andrew's December "drop non-free" proposal received sufficient seconds
to be introduced in January.  To my knowledge, Andrew has not posted a
rationale for that proposal.

That's where we are right now -- nothing else has been introduced.

                            * * * * *

I have also made some proposals, the most recent of which is
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2004/debian-vote-200402/msg00010.html
which has received no seconds.  The rationale is at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2004/debian-vote-200401/msg01835.html and
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2004/debian-vote-200402/msg00015.html

Sven has asked me to dust of an earlier proposal, which he seconded,
so I suppose I should be proposing an alternative to this one that includes
more specific statements about non-free.

--
Raul