Non-free package licenses and replacements

I've put up a web page listing possible replacements for packages currently in
non-free. There are still lot of blanks - please give suggestions. Perhaps this
page can help in the discussion about removing non-free.

Also included is explanation why the package is in non-free. This is based
on the summary Craig Sanders posted in debian-vote some time ago. I have
added comments from mailing lists and some of my own. In the discussion it
was noted that status of some packages is unclear and we might not have
permission to distribute them at all.

Now I'm asking for suggestions for replacements and comments on whether some
packages should be either moved to main or removed completely because of the
license or what kind of changes to the license we could suggest to upstream.

The page is at http://www.iki.fi/nvainio/debian/non-free.html

    - Nikke

--
Niklas Vainio <niklas.vainio@iki.fi>