Re: Updated draft of social contract changes

Hello Raul,

Very interesting proposal.  Here are some grammatical corrections.  I
have some other issues with this, but I'll will address those in another
mail.

Raul Miller wrote:
> Debian's Social Contract
>
> The Debian Project is an association of individuals who have made common
> cause to create a free operating system.  This is the "social contract"
> we offer to the free software community.

> "Social Contract" with the Free Software Community
>
>   1. Debian will remain 100% free software`
>
>      never make the system depend on an item of non-free software.

	Remove "an item of".

>   4. Our priorities are our users and free software
>
>      works that are intended to be used on Debian systems, or attempt to

	Change "or" to "nor", strike "attempt to"

>      In furtherance of these goals,
>      we will provide an integrated system of high-quality materials with
>      no legal restrictions that would prevent such uses of the system.

	Entire sentence is redundant.

>   5. Programs that doesn't meet our free-software standards

	Replace "doesn't" with "don't" or "do not"

>      We
>      support interoperability standards such as "Linux Standard Base", and
>      will accept bug reports where our system violates those standards.

	This sentence is misplaced.  It should go in the previous clause
	as it has nothing to do with non-free.

Hope this helps!
Joe