Re: Discussion - On proposal E (Transition Guide)

On Tue, 25 May 2004 20:07:02 +0200, Robert Millan <zeratul2@wanadoo.es> said:

> I'm concerned about proposal E. I believe it essentialy means that
> any changes that are made to the DFSG or SC won't have any effect if
> they make them more strict, but they will have effect if they relax
> them. Is that the intended in "[..] for a limited time, Debian will
> not be compliant with the new Social Contract"?

> Seems like the use of the word "limited" is ambigous. Any amount of
> time is "limited" by a greater one.

> Any comments on this?

	I am willing to trust that people implementing the release
 policies are reasonably competent, and shall not be working against
 the spirit of a foundation document.  So limited is whatever
 reasonable time it is that it takes for us to meet the directives of
 the social contract.

	manoj
--
news: gotcha