On Mon, 3 May 2004 23:42:20 +0200, Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> said:

> * Manoj Srivastava (srivasta@debian.org) [040503 19:55]:
>> On Mon, 3 May 2004 17:28:43 +0100, Ian Jackson
>> <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> said:

>> >    I would ask all proposers and sponsors of resolutions to avoid
>> >    calling for a vote before reaching consensus on the wording of
>> >    a resolution.

>> As far as I can tell, there was no dissent on the wording --
>> indeed, there were no amendments being offered, and there was very
>> little discussion happening.

> There _was_ dissent in the wording, and an amendment was
> offered. See
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2004/debian-vote-200403/msg00997.html
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2004/debian-vote-200403/msg01018.html

	I should have said significant dissent. Even the amendment you
 are talking about seemed to be style issues (I like the style of the
 older version better, the older version was nicer) rather than
 differences in substance, and it failed to gather any support.

	manoj
--
It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu
speech. Mark Twain