Re: Proposal - Deferment of Changes from GR 2004-003

Xavier Roche <roche@httrack.com> writes:

> The firmware is a detached part of the connected hardware, nothing more.
> The loading process just reconnects this part so that the hardware can
> work.

I am confused.  When I purchase the hardware, why do I not get this,
since it is after all "part of the connected hardware"?  It looks for
all the world like it's a piece of software that the hardware vendor
has written, and asked the OS distributor to publish for them.

Thomas