Re: "keep non-free" proposal

Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

> I'm referring to the sub threads where people ask what non-free has that
> anyone needs.

Oh, I figure they're just ignorant--and likely to be unaware of what
vrms would say on their own system.

Incidentally, so it was recently pointed out to me that I don't need
mpg123, because mpg321 is free and a drop-in replacement.

So why is mpg123 in the non-free area anymore?  Is anyone willing to
say it's necessary?  And if not, why didn't it get dropped sooner?

See, this is what I'm thinking when I'm told that things are just fine
now.

Thomas