Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates, and a blatantly political answer

> Branden writes:
> On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 11:06:40PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > 	Indeed.  For once I am ashamed to be a member of such a narrow
> >  minded, bigoted group.
> >
> > 	Helen, please accept my apologies;  we are not quite grown up
> >  enough to be able to interact with women yet.
>
> Speak for yourself, sir.

> I refuse to characterize Debian by anyone's rash actions, or even by
> our rashest members.  To do so deeply devalues our better-behaved
> comrades, who are in the majority.
>
> I, for one, see a distinction between problem-solving and
> self-flagellation.  In my view, the latter is of extremely questionable
> utility.

Given that you previously characterised yourself as one of our 'rashest'
members, I must congratulate you on such carefully equivocal wording in
your objection to Manoj's apology.

My memory is not so short that it doesn't recall a flood from you on
a Debian irc channel, shortly after a Debian event in NY, that would have
made nugg look like a victorian gentleman.

Nor so short as to recall that your own contribution to this sad state
(under the guise of self satisfying humor), extends beyond any women
that might have contact with the project to its (even hetero) male
participants, and to the women of any south east asian countries they
might be visiting.

And yet still its not short enough to already know your preference for
a public flogging over any exercise involving self restraint.

I'm grateful in a small way that you at least contained such outbursts
to a limited scope, from where I couldn't quote them here even if I was
to want them repeated for this audience.

Don't get me wrong, I've drunk to excess in biker pubs before, but I
think the important part of what what Manoj was inferring was:
Keep it in texas dude.  (and if he wasn't then I am)

That goes double for the 'baby kissing' bandwidth waste too.  (which
offends me personally more than most other things you say).

I hereby offer a premonition.  Overfiend will never be DPL until he
matures enough to become his own asshole again.

(bets or enquiries from the James Randy foundation to private mail
 please)

  Ron