Re: tb's questions for the candidates

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 12:59:48AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	If the dewveloper has done something horrible, why would there
>  be disagreement as to what to do about them (apart from perhaps a
>  difference in degree)?  I think we are far better off treating the
>  situation on its merits, rather than tying our hands with some
>  overweening bureacratic rule book that probably can't even begin to
>  cover the nuances of the situations that can develop.
>
> 	I would rather leave some trust in the individuals who
>  comprise Debian, rather than give in to paronia and try to restrict
>  any options they have with a thicket of rules and regulations and
>  rules lawyers.

I don't have a problem with procedures as long as the problem space is
understood, because then you can establish criteria for evaluating
whether the procedures are effective and worthwhile.

Thomas's question seems to me to be pretty close to "how will you deal
with the unexpected?"  To which my answer would be, "in an ad-hoc manner
until we can figure out if the scenario is one we're equipped to handle;
if it's not, we choose either to equip ourselves, or cope with it as
best we can."

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      The greatest productive force is
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      human selfishness.