Re: General Resolution: Handling of the non-free section: proposedBallot

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 03:18:15PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 02:16:42PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> > On 2004-03-08 13:51:40 +0000 Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>
> > wrote:

> > >Yeah, and what do you plan to do to help fixing that ? And do you not
> > >think this is more important than some cosmetic change like the one
> > >that
> > >is proposed here.
> >
> > I suggest those who want them fixed work on them. When I want them
> > fixed, I will work on them eventually. My time is too limited to do
> > much more: there are things I want more now that I'm not working on
> > yet. Agressive challenges from the likes of you do not make me want to
> > work on them, given your recent history.
>
> A, but you have no problem in having me do more work in order to
> maintain my non-free package, which is currently needed for the rest of
> my debian work. Thanks.

I'm moving out of my current apartment very soon, thus I have no more
need of my ADSL-modem.  This ADSL-modem (Zyxel Prestige 645MP) doesn't
need any non-free driver (or indeed, any drivers at all).  I'm willing
to pay shipment for it and give it to you, if you in return promise to
stop using your current ADSL-modem, drop support for the driver and
request for removal (or at least do not opppose such a request from
another DD) of the driver.

(DISCLAIMER: This of course relies on the ADSL-modem working for you
 too; I'm not that well into phone-systems in different countries to know
 if if would work...)

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //