Re: General Resolution: Handling of the non-free section: proposedBallot

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 02:37:34PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
> > But you are interfering by the time i should spend on things, in
> > particular making it more difficult for me to maintain my non-free
> > package ? A strange way of not interfering with my volunteer time.
>
> It is not Debian's job to help you with everything in your life that

But when i was accepted in the debian project, the social contract
clearly said that if i wanted to package non-free packages, they would
be distributed by the debian infrastructure. This is a promise the
project made to me, as i made the promise to agree with the social
contract. Changing it now is a break of thrust, especially as the
presence in non-free doesn't in any way cause disconfort to you, while
its absense will cause more work to me.

Friendly,

Sven Luther