Re: Questions for candidates -- Debian's Organizational Structure

Pascal Hakim <pasc@debian.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Which of the groups/people on [1] do you consider delegates? Why or why not?
> Would you change this?

     Since I am not a candidate, I cannot answer the question as
asked.  However, I can add a data point.  When the draft constitution
was first proposed, I pointed out to Ian that the important positions
of ftp admins, release manager, and other core functionalities were not
mentioned.  Ian's response was that these positions were all intended
to be delegates.

     However, as far as I recall, no DPL has ever publicly appointed
delegates to positions.  The constitution is silent on the process of
appointing delegates.  IMNSHO, such appointments should be announced
publicly.

Regards,

Bob
--