Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

Helen Faulkner <helen_ml_faulkner@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> website, possibly?  I also think that all debian people could bear in
> mind that when a woman is interacting with you, it's likely that she's
> nervous about doing so.  That's not your fault, but it's helpful if
> you are sensitive to the possibility,  Remember that women in western
> countries spend their whole lives getting told that they are not
> supposed to be any good at computers, and some of that sticks
> subconciously, even when we don't believe it really.

Let's see, on a quick overview I know:

1 female hardware wizard (if I need to buy some PC hardware, I will
  ask her what to buy)
2 female computer scientists
2 female web usability architects
3 competent female software designers

This list includes only my friends (and my girlfriend who uses SuSE
exclusively). So, anyone blindly assuming that a female Debian user is
automatically in the "luser" category is a fool.

I think your message is a good one. Debian is an international
community. Don't categorize people based on assumptions.

Followups should probably go to -project.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *