Re: Candidate social contract amendments (part 1: editorial) (3rd draft)

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 06:13:49PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> There are a few things in there that I like.  If you are willing to
> propose a version which combines this with your other proposal, I'll be
> happy to update mine, yet again, with the parts I like.

I will and have been accepting suggestions for other corrections to
the social contract. This is unrelated to any other proposals.

The rule is "this resolution only changes the letter of the law, not
the spirit". Mostly it changes the wording of the social contract to
better reflect what it is supposed to mean, and this is mostly in
light of issues that were not considered when it was originally
written.

It has been designed to be voted on in parallel to my other proposal
(and frankly, I think this one will be resolved first, even though it
will start later), to avoid unnecessary delays.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |