Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Nov 1, 2003, at 22:43, Matthias Urlichs wrote:

In general, though, I have to admit that I don't understand what the problem is. A.6.3 ranks your choice against the defaukt option, not against anything
else. Thus, voting CDAB instead of CABD doesn't affect the chances of C
winning, it only changes the chances of A or B winning if C isn't accepted by
the (super)majority.

No. It can cause C to win by removing A and B from the running for no good reason. That's the problem.