Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

Hi,

Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> >> 	A: strike SC 5
> >> 	B: trivial
> >> 	C: strike SC 5 + trivial
> >> 	D: further discussion

> Now, I realize that under A.6.3, B and A need to both independently get
> thrice the votes of the converse. So, wanting C above those two, I
> decide to give the converse a vote. I vote CDAB. That isn't sincere,
> but it's smart.

The solution to this particular problem is to have separate ballots.
A and B are independent, after all.

In general, though, I have to admit that I don't understand what the problem
is. A.6.3 ranks your choice against the defaukt option, not against anything
else. Thus, voting CDAB instead of CABD doesn't affect the chances of C
winning, it only changes the chances of A or B winning if C isn't accepted by
the (super)majority.

--
Matthias Urlichs    |    {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de     |    smurf@debian.org
Disclaimer: The quote was selected randomly. Really. | http://smurf.debian.net