Re: Proposal - non-free software removal

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 02:17:10PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	No, we actually went to having a GR proposed, wich is still
>  alive, though currently on hold waiting for the voting GR.

My understanding was that the previous GR was considered expired under
section A(5) of the Constitution.  If I was in error, that's fine.  In that
case, I would contemplate calling with the withdrawal for the 2000 draft so
that we may instead vote on the 2002 draft, which I believe is the better
one.  I'd like to see if anyone cares much one way or other about the 2000
or 2002 proposal.  If this happens, I'd intend to wait to issue the CFV on
the 2002 draft until after the other issues are decided.  Am I properly
dotting all my i's with this plan?

> 	Thank you. As soon as your draft is in, I'll move to open the
>  3 week discussion period.

Doesn't that discussion period automatically open once the draft is posted?

-- John