Re: Leader Election 2000

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 12:45:38AM -0000, Debian Project Secretary wrote:
>                         CALL FOR VOTES
>                           (2 of 2)
>     Votes must be received by 23:59:59 UTC Mar 9, 2000

Aiee. I have no idea who to vote for.

We've got Wichert `More of the same' Akkerman, Ben `Reformed fascist'
Collins, Joel `Pyscho boy' Klecker, and Matthew `I don't IRC (!)' Vernon.

I mean, at least last year I could dump the candidates into `no way in
hell am I voting for him', and `oh yeah he's cool', and just ignore the
left overs. But this time when I try that, I get Joel in both groups,
and all the other candidates as leftovers. It's so unfair.

When Ben nominated, I at least expected some fun flamewars about how
he was a dictatorial control freak like we had last year, but nooooooo.
He's decided to try to be reasonable instead. Where's the fun in that?

And Wichert? What's he doing nominating again? He's meant to be a burnt
out husk! He obviously didn't work hard enough as DPL the first time,
why should we think he'll do a better job this time? Ha!

And Joel's just a freak. Sure, he thinks he can threaten us because he
maintains libc6, but, hey, soon enough the Mad Release Manager'll remove
it from the distribution because it's buggy, and that'll be that. The
end of his misbegotten power.

Which just leaves Matthew. And *he* doesn't even maintain any packages in
base! I mean, how much of a newbie must that make him, huh?

I dunno about the rest of you, but this DPL election thing isn't as
entertaining as it ought to be. The candidates haven't even bothered
running smear campaigns against each other! Have they *no* respect for
due process? It's like they're not taking this seriously at all. Maybe
they're all just Cabal [TINC] members, and they figure they'll just keep
all the power to themselves no matter who wins, so none of it matters.

So if any of the candidates feel like answering just one more question,
here you go:

		- Why would you be a better DPL than Wichert?

Flame! Be confrontational! Make a statement!

(Wichert, I'm particularly interested in your answer to this)

Cheers,
aj

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds