Re: CFV: Non-free archive removal

On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 06:33:01PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Jordi Mallach wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 10:32:23PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> > > The requisite discussion period having been entertained, I therefore
> > > formally call for a vote on this topic, on the Resolution which I
> > > originally posted on June 7, 2000, a copy of which is included below.
> > Nearly 3 months later, a question disturbs me.
> > When are we going to vote on this?!
> No vote, just rm.

rm? What does that mean?

Retro-Moderation? All messages concerning removing non-free will be
retroactively purged from the archives and lists and minds of subscribers,
leaving the issue nu... Errr? What was I talking about? Issue? Of DWN or
something? But it's already out. And why am I posting about it on -vote?
Strange.

Repetitive Mutterings? Every month or so someone'll mutter about how there
hasn't been a vote yet, and how the Cabal have obviously taken an interest
and how gecko's probably tied up in some basement somewhere gagged and bound
and being prodded with no end of sharp pointy things with electrical wires
attached, screaming and screaming in tortured agony hoping the deaf ears of
the endless night will hear and hasve mercy for just a brief second...

Rebellious Movements? The Cabal will be overthrown by a band of brave
revolutionaries and the old guard will be publically executed for the
transgressions against the will of the people, and non-free will be
burnt in a huge pyre visible throughout the world. Soon members of the
newly formed and wildly popular Debian People's Front will start being
internally investigated for misconduct or lacking in ideological purity
until eventually only a select few are left, and like the phoenix rising
from its own ashes, the Cabal will be reborn.

Religious Marmots? With potato released and work on the next distribution
underway, a persuasive and charismatic woodchuck will establish a small
cult dedicated to seeing just how much woody can a woodchuck chuck. Eager
to stamp this new movement into dust before it can even truly begin
the Internet Oracle fires launches a series of ICBZs (Intercontinental
Ballistic Zots) at the woodchucks, destroying them utterly. non-free is
taken out as collateral damage.

Recombinant Mice? Two genetically modified mice, after reading reports
from LinuxExpo and hearing Linus talk about "WORLD DOMINATION!" just once
too often, decide that by becoming the world's only source of non-free
Unix software they will gain control of the Internet, and thus the minds
of all humans on the planet. The first phase of their unstoppable plan
is already underway...

Cheers,
aj

                                      -- Dave Clark