Re: Questions for all candidates

#include <hallo.h>
* Raphael Hertzog [Fri, Feb 21 2003, 12:48:11AM]:

> Ok, I'm tired, I'm sure I could have find dozen of other questions like
> those five ... but I'll let other people continue with questions like
> that if they like it.

Okay, let me ask some other questions...

 6. Many people complaint that the pool is too bloated, priorities too
    generic, too many packages to pick the right one from the list...

 [ ] making some packages be more "important" to others is bad and will
     make create some kind of "elite" and "second class" packages
 [ ] we need a way to priorize the packages, review them, set keywords
     on the package (desktop/edu/demudi/...) and setting the appropriate
     priority for the target user group
 [ ] the problem exists but I hope someone will fix it after my DPLship
 [ ] there is no problem, the current system is just right

 7. There are lots of backport series for Woody environment because
    people do not want to wait two years for a simple update, eg. when
    their software is not supported by ancient versions in Woody...

 [ ] there are no problems with Woody!
 [ ] we should try to legalize such efforts and create a semi-automatic
     system, similar to Raphaels former "Debian-Working" concept
 [ ] those are not the users we want
 [ ] such people should shut up and wait "a bit"

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Ich gehe davon aus, daß Adressen nur dann sinnvoll
sind, wenn Adressen eingetragen sind.