Re: debian-volatile mirrors

On 14-10-2007 12:23, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun Oct 14, 2007 at 14:54:01 +0200, Simon Paillard wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 12:56:53PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
>>> Can anyone thing of a reason why we shouldn't have Volatile-*: fields in
>>> the mirror list?
>> I assume it is an historical reason : volatile was not an official
>> project at the beginning.
>>
>> But I see no reason for not including volatile in the main list, now it
>> is an official project :-)
>
> Feel free to do so, but please contact Filipe van der Wiel, he is the
> mirror coordinator of volatile.debian.org

Hi,

	Sorry for the late reply, I was unsure about how to
reply to the subject. I've been wondering how we could merge
the Volatile Mirrors with the Debian Mirrors, and I would to
volunteer to the team if you are needing manpower.

	I sent a message to Volatile Team in August 17th, 2007
about the Mirror infrastructure of Volatile, we lost the
consistency during the migration from .net to .org and I never
got a reply, here is the transcript:

,----------
| 	I'm sorry to bother you once again.
|
| 	I'm working to clean the backlog of our mirrors and
| pending requests and it took me sometime to figure out that
| the Mirrors.masterlist in durin is a lot different from the
| last version I had in the CVS.
|
| 	verdi and prod.mirrors still lists some of the mirrors
| that were removed from the durin masterlist, and I can't find
| or remember of any information about removing and changing this
| merrors.
|
| 	Below is a diff from the last version I have and the
| version is on durin, it is fine to me to update the fields and
| the "Mirrors-from", I just would like to understand what is
| going on so I can fix the pending requests and keep working
| with the Mirrors maintainance.
`----------

	We have a push-mirror infrastructure and I added a
patch to use a different SSH port to prod servers, not sure
if Debian mirrors carry this patch or support this, I will
be happy to provide it again.

	I also have the diff from the two states of the
mirror lists, and there are some long standing issues,
people asked small changes in their mirrors and I couldn't
fix it because of the inconsistency. Maybe the migration
will help on that.

	I'm happy to see this integrated, and I will be
happy to keep helping, not only with Volatile mirrors, but
with the whole mirror (not sure what Mirror team would
need or how they recruit).

	Thanks for working on this. Let me know how can I
help (and if should I subscribe to debian-mirrors). :)

	Kind regards,
- --
Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)