Re: no sound after installing pulseaudio

Am Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 09:12:28AM +0800 schrieb lou:

Hello Lou,

> i am running buster and install pulseaudio
> to let pulseaudio take effect i have to reboot
> but there's no sound though pavucontrol seems ok
> (pavucontrol shows sound is playing properly)
> to get sound back, i have to remove pulseaudio and reboot

With "pactl list" or "pcctl list short" you can identify some cryptic
address of your sound card.

With something as (taken from my system)
"pactl set-sink-volume alsa_output.pci-0000_00_14.2.analog-stereo +2%"
you can adjust the volume.

Or you simple try alsamixer which comes with some ncurses looking GUI.

Kind regards,
Christoph
--
Ist die Katze gesund