Re: Wayland vs X

On Wed, Mar 09, 2022 at 12:51:24PM -0600, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:

[...]

> See I can't tell if that supports my claim or yours :-)

When in doubt, it supports your claim. I'm not aware of having made
a significant one ;-)

> Here's why: I went to that site and among others, looked at the page for
> distribution-specific X mail lists. Out of Redhat, Suse, Oracle OpenSolaris
> and OpenBSD, not one of those X-specific lists was active. Most not in
> years.
>
> But Debian's X list is thriving. Does that imply that only Debian carries a
> torch for truly platform- and server-agnostic X Windows?
> I didn't check Canonical/ubuntu.

I think Wayland has taken all the hype for a while. But I think the
people involved are smart enough to try to factor out common work

I hope X isn't going anywhere the next 10..15 years. After that, I'll
be gone myself, so... ;-)

Cheers