Re: CPU frequency and custom kernel

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 03:03:33AM -0500, ken wrote:
> I've found cpuspeed to be buggy... the speed at which the cpu runs
> seems to have little to do with the conditions specified in the
> config file. Recent kernel upgrades have improved cpuspeed somewhat
> (without any changes to the config file), but it's still nonsensical
> at times.

I think that was it. I upgraded to most recent stable kernel (3.12.1) [1] and
no longer see the problem.

I took a look at the 3.2 changelog [2] to see if I could tell what particular
change Debian developers made to get this working. There are quite a few
cpufreq related changes, but it wasn't clear to me which fixes the problem
I was seeing.

[1] https://www.kernel.org/
[2] http://ftp-master.metadata.debian.org/changelogs//main/l/linux/linux_3.2.51-1_changelog