Replicating a Squeeze system on Wheezy

Hi all,

I'd appreciate some advice, please. I'm sure this has come up before,
but despite Googling, can't find it right now, so if anyone has a link,
that would help.

My main development system here basically runs Squeeze/KDE, but with a
lot of packages added, mostly from the repositories, but also some from
elsewhere, which for the purposes of this exercise can be ignored.
In particular, I have a somewhat special choice of perl module packages,
from the repository.

I'm now building a new box on which I want to install Wheezy, but with
the identical set of packages (where appropriate) as my squeeze box, so
there won't be any surprises when I switch my work to the new box.

So my outline plan is to do a standard netinst for wheezy on the new
box, and then wave a magic wand to get it to install all the missing
packages. All I'm missing is the magic wand.

I'm hoping that all I need is to copy one or more files from the squeeze
box onto the wheezy box, which will tell apt what needs installing, but
my apt-fu is lacking.

Does anyone here have experience/knowledge of this process?

All help much appreciated!

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |