AA fonts "too wide" in X11 terminal emulators

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my workstation from squeeze to wheezy,
pretty much everything went fine, except a really annoying
situation: from now on, all of the AntiAliased fonts I'll use in
a terminal emulator under X11 will be too large, just like if
letter spacing had increased with this upgrade.

I have reproduced that behaviour with xterm, gnome-terminal,
xfce4-terminal and urxvt. For the latter, the following resource:

URxvt.letterSpace: -1

fixes terminal width to a correct ratio, I just can't find any
equivalent of this for all of the others terminal emulators.
I already tried playing with my DPI settings, globally and by
term, either the fonts are too wide or ridiculously small. Also
tried various ~/.fonts.conf techniques, "minspace" seemed to be
a good candidate, but that changed nothing.

Only one font seem to be ok though: "Incosolata" have the good
size and term ratio is looking good.

There are similar debian bug reports like this one:
but they are pretty old and related to a libfreetype 2.4.6 bug
whereas I'm using 2.4.9-1.

Does it ring a bell to someone?

Regards,

Emile "iMil" Heitor .°. <imil@{home.imil.net,NetBSD.org,gcu.info}>