Re: OT: Captchas?

On Thu, 2012-12-20 at 08:56 +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> So I tried myself and the same thing happened: I got through
> once in about a dozen tries.

I'm a dyslexic, simplified it's a perceptual disorder regarding to signs
and to load data from the brain's data storage device, because of the
second many artists and scientists are dyslexic, since we are well
trained to reinvent the wheel each day = to invent/create new things.
The first, the perceptual disorder is a PITA.

So it's hard for me to distinguish e.g. an "a" and a "d" or a "6" and a
"b" for some captchas.

Now I suspect it's not my dyslexia, but a pain for everybody. Or some of
you are dyslexics too ;).

It's said that in the veldt the monkey only needs to be able to notice
the lion, it wasn't needed to notice on what side the lion's tail was.

Lion with tail to the left  -> b
Lion with tail to the right -> d

That might be the reason, that humans aren't that good in recognizing
characters.

I wonder how it would be for people with a dyscalculia, perhaps they
need a calculator to use captchas.

And as already mentioned before, people using braille are completely lost.

I wonder what kind of idiotic Aryan Übermensch has invented this
captchas, when nobody is able to decrypt them.

Regards,
Ralf