Re: google-earth + multiarch

Claudius Hubig wrote:
Hello Johan,

Johan Grönqvist <johan.gronqvist@gmail.com> wrote:
I also tried and failed installing lsb-core:i386. lsb-core depends on a bunch of packages providing binaries, like python and make, and, as far as I know, multiarch does not allow co-installation of binaries, but only libraries.

You could build a lsb-core:i386 package with equivs, ideally
depending on the libraries the actual package also depends on, but
leaving out the programs.

Alternatively, just install said libraries manually (using apt-get
libpam0g:i386, for example) and completely leave out the dependencies
in the fake lsb-core:i386 package.

Claudius, what a splendid idea. Should have thought of that myself. I did option 1. Just copied the control file out of lsb-core:386 and deleted all programs from the dependencies. And then ram equivs-build with that file, then installed that package and installed google-earth again and voila! Thanks again.

Hugo