Lenovo T530 continuuing

Continuing with my new T530.
I now have double boot (in legacy mode)
laptop has 2 cards : integrated intel which cannot address my external
DVI monitor on docking station and nvidia which can.

WIth optimus technology.

However the nouveau driver in wheezy does not work with this card, I get
messages like
nouveau [drm] cannot address i2c port 51

(port number varies)

If I select in BIOS to only use the nvidia, wheezy does not even boot.

Is there a way to get a newer nouveau driver, or should I try nvidia
propriétary driver ? (then trying bumblebee, but I think a prerequisite
is that the nvidia card simply works).

Thanks all for your advice.