Squeeze on a EEE PC 901, trackpad problems

I just installed Debian with the Xfce desktop on a EEE PC model 901.
I've got things working pretty well, but I can't enable tap-to-click on
the trackpad.  I go to Settings->Mouse in the Xfce menu, and there is no
tab or checkbox for tapping.  I'm guessing I need to enable something in X?

(I just barely know what I'm talking about) I've run Ubuntu Linux
before, but that was preconfigured. I have never tried to set everything up myself.

Thanks, Bob