Re: [APT] how to recover from /var overflow?

On 16/11/12 01:21, Tom Roche wrote:
<snip>

but I Could Be Wrong: is there anything else I can/should do *with APT*
to prevent /var overflow? As noted above, I know I should make my /var
partition larger, but for now, that is not feasible.

There Debian release notes have some hints for upgrade:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/releasenotes

See section 4.4.3. Use a usb stick for the apt cache?

I ran out of inodes on a Ubuntu system a while back with /var on /. Purging the obsolete kernels, and kernel headers fixed.

Good luck,

Berni

--
"Confidence is what you have before you understand a problem" - Woody Allen