Debian hosted mailserver client authentication issue

i was trying to configure Posffix dovecat (imap) and sasl for client
server communication.
so far this is the best howto i found for the above configuration
http://syslog.tv/2011/09/15/postfix-dovecot-imapimaps-sasl-maildir/

after following this i can connect my outlook client with IMAP SSL to
mailserver but mail sending is faild and this is the problem that i am
i am here.

when i try to send an email my outlook give me that

"Send test e-mail message: None of the authentication methods
supported by this client are supported by your server."

when i check /var/log/mail.info
i found this

 mailsrv postfix/smtpd[1164]: connect from ws-ykhan.XXXX.com[10.XX.XX.240]
postfix/smtpd[1164]: lost connection after EHLO from
ws-ykhan.XXXX.com[10.XX.XX.240]

note my dovecat mechanism set to = plain login as mentioned in the howto above

please help me out. i am stuck and find nothing on google. maybe i am
googling a wrong way.

Thanks,