Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Intel/AMD x86 CPU microcode update system in non-free

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
<hmh@debian.org> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to bring to your attention the improved support for system
> processor (CPU) microcode updates, for x86/i686/x86-64/amd64 systems
> that was recently added to [non-free] Wheezy.

Thanks Henrique for the announcement.

Hoping to add some 'reference', so we can compare actual microcode
versions, I find myself with
$ cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep microcode
microcode 0x1b

Now, what is the version of the updated microcode?

My best,
Beco

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

--> . <--

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it
everyone you love, everyone you know..." (Carl Sagan, 1934-1996)