Re: upower history

Chris Bannister wrote:
If you have a patch they should be jumping up and down for your bug
report. Can you run reportbug or not?

You might need to alter the smtp setting.

I don't have a patch. The only thing I've tried so far is commenting out the section that culled old data. It seems to work, although files are now written to /usr/local/var/ instead of /var/.

I rediscovered another bug; upowerd doesn't write data to disk on system shutdown, leading to data loss. To reproduce:

* Run gnome-power-statistics to see the latest log entries.
* Run 'tail history-charge-*.dat' to see that the latest log entries have not yet been written to disk.
* Quickly run 'sudo reboot now'.
* After the system has rebooted, run 'tail history-charge-*.dat' again to see that no new log entries have been added.

I've never tried running reportbug before, but if you think it's a good idea, I'll give it a try.

Thanks,
Meneth