Re: Installing Debian on Windows 7 machine?

Marc Shapiro wrote:
Since my current box is still having random lockups with no solution in sight I am likely to be purchasing a new computer soon. It will, in all likelihood come with Windows 7 pre installed. I want to load Debian on it, as well. I am familiar with www.goodbye-windows.com and www.goodbye-microsoft.com, but they both are for 32 bit Windows systems. Is there a similar website for 64 bit machines? If not, it has been a long time since I have done a totally fresh install, and even longer since I have done a fresh install on a machine with Windows on it. Any suggestions as to the best/easiest /safest way to go about this?

I wouldn't bother buying a complete system. I built my own. This motherboard:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131636

It's perfect and you are in control. No bother with windows.

Hugo