Re: Samsung CLX-3185 driver(s) - was Re: Debian 5 - was Re: Query abouut root account

On Jo, 26 iul 12, 00:48:20, Bret Busby wrote:

> I believe that it was Debian 5 with which I had tried splix previously.
>
> In looking at http://splix.ap2c.org/ , the Samsung CLX-3185 is not
> listed as being compatible with splix.
>
> However, using Synaptic, I have installed splix.
>
> But, splix does not appear in any of the menu's, and the web site
> for splix, does not include any instructions, including how to run
> splix.

Splix is a driver, so you will not find it in any menu. Instead you
should try to add the printer via CUPS and when you get to the driver
selection experiment with anything that looks similar to your printer.

Hope this helps,
Andrei