Re: pam_winbind.so missing when upgrade to wheezy/sid

On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 01:16:46 +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 8:09 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

(...)

>> If the file is not present the errors look right but I wonder what
>> windbind implementation are you running :-?, maybe "dpkg -l | grep -i
>> winbind" can shed some light here.

(...)

> ii  winbind                            2:3.6.5-3 Samba nameservice integration server
      ^^^^^^^

Okay, there it is.

I guess the winbind package was updated when you upgraded and thus kept,
but in Wheezy it does not provide the mentioned library, present in
winbind4.

> i dont know what version is this but this is what i am using and the OS
> is Wheezy/sid

This is the wheezy version, which is fine. The mess has to be because of
the upgrade, but I'm not sure if winbind4 is required or necessary for
your setup (my wild guess is that NO unless you are using samba4), maybe
PAM is complaining because you are loading a module that now is not
present or is named differently, I can't really tell :-?

I would open a bug report against "winbind" package and wait for a
response from devels.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón