Re: firewall

On 04/07/12 10:31, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
> On 04.07.2012 06:19, lina wrote:
>>
>> I don't know which firewall (http://wiki.debian.org/Firewalls) I
>> should choose.
>>
>> [...]
>>
> I recommend UFW. It's simple to use and does everything what firewall
> should do in my opinion.
>
> All commands are like "ufw allow 22/tcp" (allows connections to SSH port).
>
> It also has gui called GUFW.

Agreed. This is what I use. ufw is great for home PC/laptop use. And the
GUI, GUFW makes it as easy as a firewall can be. Fire and forget. Of
course, knowing a bit about iptables is recommended, to understand what
happens behind the scenes.

firestarter is also nice and easy to work with.

--
Adrian Fita