Re: Marvel controller gives errors Squeeze

On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 15:56:25 +0200, Mark Panen wrote:

> I recently purchased a WD Cavier black 2TB SATA 6 HDD and it uses Marvel
> on my motherboard with AHCI enabled.
>
> Debian 6 is the only OS that will install on that drive, i have tried
> many.
>
> I get this error while booting:
>
> ata2.00: failed command: READ FPDMA QUEUED

Is ata2 your hdd? Run "dmesg | grep -i ata2" to find out.

> Booting up takes very long compared to Ubuntu on another drive for
> instance.
>
> Is there a driver for the marvel controller before my system crashes
> again, i think i have done 20 installs in the last few days.

IMO, AHCI is the better sata driver you can use and it comes from the
kernel itself. That said, a quick Google search for the error message
returns lots of hits, it seems that you are not alone...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón