Re: Kmail2

On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 19:59:32 +1000, GeraldC wrote:

> On Sunday, July 01, 2012 06:25:59 PM Camaleón wrote:
>> On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 10:29:24 +1000, Gerald wrote:
>> > Hi to all,
>>
>> Hi, but there's no need to send the same message twice :-)
> Sorry, I do not know why that happened.
>>
>> > Although I run Debian on my server it does not pick up email.

> Debian I use as a server nothing else, data only.

Fine, but can you receive from there? There are text based MUA you can
use to check this (e.g., Mutt).

>> You mean you are not running Debian from the computer you can't fetch
>> the e-mails? If so, what's your OS?

> I run 64 bit PCLinuxOS 2012.06 Test 5, but since that has now switched
> to kmail2 I am using the 32 bit 2012.02 version of PCLinuxOS to pick up
> mail.

Okay. Consider also posting at the PCLinuxOS mailing lists or forums.

> It does appear that kmail2  is giving  some problems

Yes, I've read about that, but at least it should be able to send and
receive, that's basic :-)

>> And you don't receive any message, warning or error from Kmail when
>> sending/downloading? That's weird...

> I have now tried Fedora 17 and that has the same problem.

Okay, but what was the e-mail client you configured in fedora?

> Although I think I have set up kmail2 correctly as I would in kmail1.
> It cannot send or receive emails.

We know that :-), but you should get an error or something when you press
the send and receive button....

>> How about a different MUA? To discard a problem with the server
>> settings.

> In Fedora 17 it gave me an option to use sendmail as the transport, but
> that did not do anything either.

What!?

Sir, I'm starting to think you should detail "one by one" the steps you
have followed to configure your e-mail client. You can be doing something
wrong here.

>> > I was wondering if anyone out in the great blue younder can point me
>> > in the right direction for solveing his problem.

> Does anyone else, have kmail2 running?

I guess many :-)

>> Not enough data, I'm afraid. I'd run the above tests first.

> I just need some pointers.

I already told you some but you have to try them and send the results of
your tests.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón