Re: Problem updating debian 6

[Please read http://catb.org/jargon/html/T/top-post.html]

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 12:10:14PM +0200, David Seira wrote:
> Hi Chris,

> As I put in the first post the aptitude update output is:

For testing purposes I'd like to see the output of

LC=C apt-get update

The LC=C is because this is an English list. :)

> The ouput for "grep -v \^# /etc/apt/sources.list" is:
>
> deb http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main
> > deb-src http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main
> > deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main
> > deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main
> > deb http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main
> > deb-src http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main

Is that just copy 'n' paste problems or is there a ">" at the begining
of each line?

I know my repository works:
deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main

deb http://ftp.nz.debian.org/debian wheezy main contrib non-free

Just substitute squeeze for wheezy

> And the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ directory is empty.

That's fine.

> It seems a problem with the repository but I've tried with several of them
> and the result is the same.

That's why I'd like to see the output using apt-get. I know that works,
and I don't use aptitude but there was some talk about aptitude "playing
up" while trying to update.

Is *every* squeeze user having trouble with aptitude?

oppressing." --- Malcolm X