Re: data recovery tools for debian (command line)

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 07:49:28AM +0200, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
> if i mistakenly delete any partition or OS or HD corrupted. what is
> the best tool that i can use to recover the data in these situations.
>
> just wanted to test this stuff in my test environment.
>
> note : i work with command line only. so preferably tool should be
> command line supported. since i don't like to use mouse :-)

Apart from tools like ddrescue and others mentioned in answers you have
already received, it might also be worth while looking at some of the
tools used in forensic investigations where even deleted data can be
recovered for evidence.

Inter alia:

http://www2.opensourceforensics.org/tools/unix

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

     "My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD;
      neither be weary of his correction: For whom the LORD
      loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in
      whom he delighteth."              Proverbs 3:11,12