Re: Only 3.6gb of 64gb RAM recognized by 64bit squeeze

Hallo Seyyed,

> Before anybody starts arguing that I don't have 64-bit, this is uname -r and
> uname -m:
> root@n03:~# uname -r
> 2.6.32-3-amd64
> root@n03:~# uname -m
> x86_64

I have a similar problem on a computer I bought a few years ago and only
recently found that the cause might be a buggy bios.

I don't have 48Gb ram but only 4Gb and can use about 3.3Gb of it.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

     "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast,
      unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord,
      forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain
      in the Lord."      I Corinthians 15:58