Re: 2TB USB hard drive for backing up

On 21/04/12 19:34, Camaleón wrote:
I'm against big partitions (500 GiB is the limit I have auto-imposed to
my systems) so I would make 4 slices and spread the data over them.
Anyway, I don't think you are going to have any problem to manage a
single partition of 2 TiB, even more if you plain to store plain data
(not a bootable system) there.

I have ext4 in one partition of 1.8 Tb or so. It takes about 40 min to chkfs... just something to bear in mind...

Its very convenient to have a large sack to toss the stuff, but it has its own set of drawbacks :)

greets!
aL