Re: debian-faq (was ... Re: upgrade to Wheezy fails with aptitude)

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 15:49:12 +0100, Lisi wrote in message
<[🔎] 201204111549.12321.lisi.reisz@gmail.com>:

> On Wednesday 04 April 2012 17:07:16 Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 11:28:59 +0100, Lisi wrote in message
> >
> > <[🔎] 201204041128.59935.lisi.reisz@gmail.com>:
> > >
> > > ...since Lenny, apt-get *has installed*......
> >
> > ..and not "Note that since Lenny, apt-get *installations*
> > recommended packages by default."? ;o)
> >
> > ..no "has" is a _wee_ bit different from your "Note that since
> > Lenny, apt-get *installed* recommended packages by default." ;o)
> >

> Arnt -
>
> This appears to be aimed at me, but I cannot make out what you are
> trying to say.
>
> I certainly never said "Note that since Lenny, apt-get *installed*
> recommended packages by default." as you appear to be saying that I
> did.

..well, I must admit I do remember trying to be nuanced
and then getting sidetracked by another amusement. ;o)

> And "installations" is a noun not a verb.

..now that would depend on what kinda grammar you refer to, ;o),
I boycotted what I call "classic grammar" from day one in grade
4, in favor of my own "language ear", and later I was eminently
pleased to name an AI grammar method coded in Java that I was
shown, "associative grammar", for the way the program was able
to recognise and associate various moral etc concepts with
words and sentences, that came from a random web news story on
Clinton and Monica Levinsky back when the neo-Cons were trying
to impeach him.

..it used 3 classes of words, "object", "subject" and "action"
AFAIR, and it was meant to try predict stock market prices by
sniffing out trend triggers off the web and from news stories.
"Version 1" did that without using the associative grammar,
"it merely counted the words." ;oD

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: