Re: How to keep track of files installed from sources?

On 02/18/2012 12:53 PM, Csanyi Pal wrote:
Hi,

I want to install GNUstep from sources on my Debian GNU/Linux SID
sytem.

How can I know where come installed files after I did run:
./configure&&  make&&  sudo -E make install

commands?

this is important if I decide later to uninstall files installed from
sources.

lots have an uninstall option as well. Also you can read the actual make file and it will tell you exactly where everything was installed and what was. When going from source I prefer to build an actual package of the source and my mods. Easier to keep track and remove ;)